I am in Surabaya, I am exhausted, I am in my room, and I am watching the very end of a replay of the Duke - Wake Forest game from Sunday. Soon I'll get cleaned up and then head out to explore. If I don't I'll end up sleeping, and that would NOT be a good idea. Surabaya is 12 hours ahead of the U.S. eastern time zone.
(An e-mail I sent to Scott but didn't think to post initially. Still, a good indication of what was going on at the time.)
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
I did go wandering for several hours, mostly in the absolutely massive mall connected to my hotel. First stores I saw were The Gap and Starbucks. I thought to myself, "Gee, guess I'm not in Greencastle anymore!" Found a bookstore and bought a map, tried to change money but the bank was closed, and bought water, Marie biscuits, tapioca chips and a few other necessities at Hero. Villinskis will probably remember that grocery store from our time in Jakarta. Dad, next time you need something from the hardware store you should come to Surabaya-- Tunjungan Plaza has an Ace Hardware and I'm told there are five others around the city!
Soto Ayam (chicken soup) from room service for dinner, then asleep by 7 p.m. Happy to report that I woke up at 6 this morning. I hope jetlag doesn't hit tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment